Kongregate today announced the launch of its newest mobile game, Idle Frontier. The game was designed and built by Kongregate’s San Diego-based game development studio Ultrabit. Idle Frontier is available globally for download today on both Google Play and Apple App stores.
Idle Frontier has a unique western theme drawing inspiration from classic, familiar games like Oregon Trail. Players can interact with a diverse set of characters, including cowboys and settlers, and businesses, such as trading posts, general stores, and dairy farms, across 50+ levels. Users will enjoy a traditional idle game experience, where the player sets up various tasks and businesses that continue to run and develop even when the user is not playing the game.
Some of the unique and core features of Idle Frontier:
- 80 characters, a robust number for an idle game!
- 20 businesses to build and expand across the frontier.
- 52 different levels/towns, with further expansions planned for endless exploration.
- 4 seasons that each provide unique challenges to navigate your supply chain across.
- Custom event systems to enhance progress and player interaction.
- Build trains, boats, horses and carriages to move supplies through the frontier.
The game style and art is designed to appeal to a wide range of players.
Said Shawn Lopiccolo, Executive Producer at Konregate’s Ultrabit game studio, “Idle Frontier is our evolution of the idle game genre with a touch of nostalgia and beautiful art style. It is a fresh approach to idle games with the aim to move the genre forward and create a more approachable experience for players everywhere.”
Kongregate’s Ultrabit studio has developed hit idle games such as Pocket Politics and Office Space: Idle Profits. Kongregate has a deep history in the idle genre, having also published groundbreaking hit idle games such as AdVenture Capitalist and AdVenture Communist, both by developer Hyper Hippo Games.